Selling your property?
Do not just think about the valuation and the fee…
Advice for Sellers
When choosing an Estate Agent do not just think about the valuation and the fee. To make an informed decision the following questions should be considered:
- How often will the property be advertised and where?
- How soon will it be fully marketed?
- How many websites will it be on and what do these sites offer?
- How many similar properties have they sold?
- Is the property priced accurately? (The first 6 weeks of marketing your property are the most crucial, with a sensible valuation you can budget properly for your move).
- How will the Estate Agent present your property?
- What service will be offered?
- Will potential buyers be vetted?
- Who will be looking after you?
- How should you present your property?
- Will they accompany viewings?
- If one similar is on the market why has it not sold?
- Are there any hidden charges for withdrawal etc?
- How motivated and professional is the agent?
- What kind of contract will you be signing?